Berrytastic Protein Shake Recipe
I read about this protein shake recipe in The 6 Week Cure for the Middle-Aged Middle and modified it slightly:
- 1/3 cup frozen or fresh berries (any kind, but make sure it’s unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 6 oz. diet Cherry Coke or Pepsi
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 scoops (60g) chocolate protein powder
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend (read this article to determine which blender you should use). And there you have it, a delicious shake!
Word of Caution: Of course, some low carb diets do not allow too much fruit, even berries, so you may have to be careful not to drink too many of these a day. I have stopped drinking the Berrytastic Protein shakes because I’m also trying to cut out caffeine from my diet (as I often get heartburn and indigestion from caffeine). Some stricter dieters also try to stay away from artificial sweeteners, which diet drinks often contain. So if you’re a strict dieter, you might want to consider the low calorie thick shake, the black and white shake, or the simple chocolate shake.