Need some mash to go with those bangers? I found this great recipe for mashed cauliflower on foodnetwork.com and then modified it a touch to make it more buttery.
Ingredients (makes 4 medium portions)
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan
- 1/2 of a small clove of garlic (or 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic) (I made the mistake of putting too much garlic on my first attempt by putting in one large clove of garlic, and it was seriously garlicky!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter (softened)
- Boil a pot of water.
- Break up the cauliflower into florets and place into the boiling water (see photo above).
- Boil for 8 minutes on high heat (make sure the florets are pretty soft and easy to cut with a fork).
- Drain the cauliflower but do not cool. Instead, dry the florets with some paper towels and place into the food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and butter into the food processor and blend until it’s pretty smooth (see photo below). This may take a minute or two.
- Ready to serve. You can sprinkle some chives on top to make it look prettier – I mixed it into the mash (see the photo below).